Rafferty’s Rules, Blue Heelers and stage theatre performer extraordinaire John Wood speaks to Aaron Ryan about his life and some of the roles that have been fondly cemented into Australian families memories.
John has recently released his memoir titled How I Clawed My Way to the Middle.
Throughout this podcast John Wood talks about:
- His passion for theatre
- Why his Dad referred to the theatre as a ‘sissy sport’
- Tough days working in the abattoir with his Dad
- His first role on Barrier Reef
- Why Rafferty’s Rules nearly didn’t star John Wood
- His thoughts on Pauline Hanson, whom he was with in Dancing with the Stars
- His Gold Logie
- Talks of a Blue Heelers reboot
- Roles he wishes he’d had the chance to play
How I Clawed My Way to the Middle from Penguin Random House is now available in all good bookshops and online through Audible.
Special thanks to John Wood and Emily Cook from Penguin Random House for their support in conducting this interview.