It’s a weird week in the television world with lay-offs, leadership rumours and the such… but there is some good news for the industry too!
People are going back to work! The Block is filming, Neighbours is back, MasterChef Australia is pushing on, and production companies around the world are looking again at Australia as an opportunity to get filming again… but should they?
Each week the TV Blackbox team take you behind the scenes, wade through the PR spin and launch into the reality that is the Australian television business.
In this episode:
- 3.40 – Is Hugh Marks on the way out?
- 10.53 – Both Seven & Nine lay off staff
- 20.24 – The deal that could just save FOXTEL
- 24.24 – Aussie productions leading the way worldwide amid the COVID-19 crisis… and that could bring more productions to Australia
- 27.55 – Hatches & Dispatches
- 32.50 – Molk breaks down 10’s big sizzle reel and pitch to advertisers
- 42.00 – Ben opens the TV Blackvault