Nine has assembled an expert panel of political minds for its coverage of the 2022 federal election on Saturday, May 21: Australia Decides.
Our comprehensive coverage begins at 7.00am with Weekend Today, which will offer an analysis of the key election issues and the policies that each party is hoping will capture your vote.
We will be there when polling booths open at 8.00am as Australians head to the polls to determine who will govern the nation for the next three years.
A special election-day edition of 9News will be broadcast at 4.00pm.
Then at 5.00pm our election-evening coverage begins. We’ll have late breaking news and interviews from the polling booths as politicians scramble for the final votes.
Viewers in all capital cities will hear the very latest from reporters on the ground in electorates right around the country in their local editions of 9News at 6.00pm. These bulletins will also feature early results from Nine’s exclusive election prediction system.
Our rolling coverage on election night, hosted by Peter Overton and Alicia Loxley, begins at 7.00pm, delivering live results with unparalleled analysis from some of the biggest political names in the country.
Nine’s Political Editor, Chris Uhlmann, will spearhead our in-depth assessment as the votes are tallied. He will also appear on Nine’s unrivalled panel, which will feature:
- Julie Bishop (LIB) – former Minister for Foreign Affairs (2013 – 2018) and former Deputy Leader of the Liberal Party (2007 – 2018)
- Bill Shorten (ALP) – contested the last two federal elections as Leader of the Labor Party (2013 – 2019)
- Senator Jane Hume (LIB) – Minister for Superannuation, Financial Services and the Digital Economy and Minister for Women’s Economic Security
- Senator Matt Canavan (NAT) – Deputy Leader of the Nationals in the Senate and former Minister for Resources and Northern Australia
- Kate Ellis (ALP) – former Minister for Youth and Minister for Sport and the youngest person to become an Australian government minister
Nine’s political expert Charles Croucher will gauge the pulse of the nation while dissecting the verdict of our viewers and breaking down key battlegrounds.
We will cross regularly to Sarah Abo and Chris O’Keefe who will each be stationed at the Liberal’s and the ALP’s HQ as Australia waits to see who will take the keys to The Lodge for the next three years.
Nine’s team of reporters will be stationed in electorates across the country, bringing viewers the latest in breaking news from key seats.
Using our own state-of-the-art election system, we will also calculate results as determined by our team of experts at Nine’s Decision Desk.
And as the results come into Nine’s Election HQ we will broadcast them in our Virtual Tally Room.
Throughout the campaign, 9news.com.au is your one-stop destination for rolling online coverage, as well as providing expert analysis and the latest in breaking news. 9news.com.au also features a range of easy-to-understand ‘explainers’, such as How is the Australian government elected?
Plus, be sure to check out our two new podcasts: Deb Knight’s Pollie Waffle and On The Trail: Election 2022 with Charles Croucher – available on all leading podcast platforms.