PRIME7 – THE ‘POWERHOUSE’ IN 2021 AND NUMBER 1 IN NEWS, SPORT
PRIME7 is number one again in 2021, retaining its position as the most watched television network across Northern NSW, Southern NSW and Victoria combined for the eighth consecutive year.
With the official TV Survey Year concluding on Saturday, results confirm that PRIME7 is the Number One Regional Network for the year with a share of 32.5%. Nine Network Affiliates recorded 26.7% the ABC was third with 17.9%, while TEN Network affiliates finished fourth with 14.7%.
PRIME7 commands a commercial network share of 44% – up a commanding 10.6% on the previous year.
PRIME7 dominates News in NSW and Victoria. Across the 6.00pm – 7.00pm weeknight news hour, PRIME7 commands 49.6% commercial audience share in the timeslot. Nine has 39.4% while TEN Affiliates recorded 11.0% share of the audience.
PRIME7 is Number One for LOCAL NEWS in Northern Rivers, Tamworth/Taree, ODW (the Central West and Riverina) and Albury/Wodonga, cementing its position as the Local News Leader once again in 2021.
• PRIME7 #1 eight years in a row!
• PRIME7 #1 for 6.00pm Weeknight News Hour in 2021.
• The AFL Grand Final is PRIME7’s most watched program for the year.
• Hey Hey We’re 50 is the most watched light entertainment program for 2021.
• Sunrise is #1 for breakfast television in 2021.
• RFDS is the most watched drama series in 2021.
• 7News: The Disappearance of William Tyrrell is the most watched documentary event.
• The Chase Australia is the most watched game show in 2021.
Source: Regional TAM – Free-to-Air, Northern NSW, Southern NSW and Victoria combined, Combined Network Shares excluding Sky News
(Network Ten Affiliates excluding Sky News) | Survey Year 07.02.21 – 27.11.21 (excludes Easter 28.03.21 – 10.04.21) | 6.00pm to Midnight, | Total
People | News: Monday – Friday 6.00pm – 7.00pm, 3 station commercial Primary Share | Rankings based on all dayparts | Breakfast TV: Monday-
Friday 6.00am-9.00am, FTA primary channels |consolidated 7 data up to 22.11.21 then overnight data