After months of voting, Screen Producers Australia (SPA) today announced the last round of finalists for the 20th Screen Producers Australia Awards.
The Awards celebrate content produced from an extended, two-year period due to COVID-19, and champion outstanding Australian screen productions, showcasing the skill, imagination, and innovative thinking of Australia’s world-class production businesses.
Finalists in the Short Film Production of the Year category are now open for voting by SPA members, with a selection of finalist films being shared on SPA’s YouTube channel today, kicking off a Summer of Shorts. Australians can enjoy these highly creative and well-produced films on the SPA social media channels in the coming weeks, with the production receiving the highest number of votes declared the award recipient.
“We are extremely impressed with each of the finalists announced today. These shorts each provide a snapshot of the abundant skill and creativity that our members possess and demonstrate their capacity to affect audiences in this condensed format,”
– said SPA CEO, Matthew Deaner.
“I congratulate each of these productions and look forward to celebrating our member’s achievements at SCREEN FOREVER in March 2022.”
The category of finalists announced today is:
Open for voting 23 November – 20 December
Short Film Production of the Year
- And Then Something Changed – Sticky Pictures
- Carmentis – Lonely Astronaut
- Dwarf Planet – Rebecca Janek
- Erwin – AFTRS
- Goodbye Home – Pier 8 Films
- Groundhog Night – Bus Stop Films
- Lifeblood – Ample Projects
- Safety Net – Mischief Media (DBD Film Services)
- Sidelines – Story Engine
- Sparkles – Rush Films
- Stairs – Bus Stop Films
- The Handyman – Truce Films
- The Immortal – Carl Firth
- The Lost Crystal of Jessica’s Room – Ramu Productions
- You and Me, Before and After – Mad Ones Films
The Award recipients will be revealed at the prestigious 20th Screen Producers Australia Awards ceremony which takes place on the Gold Coast on Wednesday, 30 March 2022.