The Sound continues to serve up tasty star-studded feasts of Australian talent week on week, with Episode 4 coming in hot this Sunday.
Tune into ABC and iview to catch:
- Global powerhouse Tones And I needs no introduction. The multiple ARIA Award-winning, multi-platinum singer-songwriter who has amassed over 7 billion global streams of her hit single ‘Dance Monkey’ alone, will be joined by G Flip, Melbourne folk duo Pierce Brothers and singer-songwriter Adrian Eagle bringing unique vocals to life on Tones’ brand new single ‘Fly Away’
- Music legend Jimmy Barnes is joined by the Australian Chamber Orchestra for a dramatic rendition of his song ‘Killing Time’, which shares its title with his new book Killing Time, Short Stories from the Long Road Home. A master storyteller, Barnes and the ACO perform from Sydney’s iconic State Theatre
- Known for his genuine grassroots story, Sunshine Coast-raised Ziggy Alberts explores themes of love, friendship and connection with the natural environment through his songwriting. On Sunday evening, he brings us the uplifting ‘Together’
- Julia Jacklin’s majestic musical stylings have earned her critical praise both locally- and abroad. Released last month, ‘to Perth, before the border closes’ is an attempt to process a new altered reality, her words painting a vivid picture of a changed world. She performs exclusively for The Sound from the spectacular Blue Mountains
- With an anticipated second studio album Chrysalis just released and with close to 12 million Spotify streams for 2018 single ‘Strangers’ under her belt, rising talent Tia Gostelow is fast becoming a global sensation. She performs her latest single ‘Psycho’ from Brisbane
- One of country music’s most exciting breakthrough artists, Queensland-based Casey Barnes has had a cracker of a year. His latest album Town Of A Million Dreams topped ARIA and iTunes Country Charts on release, he nabbed a Gold Coast Music Award and has received his first nomination for the 2020 ARIA Awards. Following on from 2 x No.1 singles, Casey and his band perform uplifting country-rock gem, ‘Bright Lights’ from Brisbane’s Riverstage
- Born and raised near Sydney’s Northern Beaches, uniquely refreshing singer-songwriter Azure Ryder will take to the Hunter Valley this week to perform lead single ‘Petty Isn’t Pretty’ from her forthcoming EP ‘Crazy With The Light’, due for release this Friday 20 November
Joining Jane Gazzo and Bridget Hustwaite this week as special guest co-host is Melbourne-based restaurateur and philanthropist Jock Zonfrillo.
But wait, there’s more: this week’s scorching ‘Tribute’ collaboration celebrates iconic rockers Dragon and pays tribute to their original vocalist, Marc Hunter, starring the band’s current frontman-guitarist Mark Williams, and joined by stellar AU icons. It’s an absolute must-see rock line-up featuring:
- ARIA Award winning solo artist and Hunters & Collectors songwriter and frontman Mark Seymour
- Australian music legend James Reyne,with 19 x Top 40 hits under his belt and following on from the release of his 12th solo record Toon Town Lullaby
- The Superjesus frontwoman and Australian singer-songwriter Sarah McLeod
Finally, the ‘From The Vault’ clip is by forever favourites Crowded House.