Controversy can be a killer for any TV career, even if you’re innocent.
Ryan Phelan was pulled off air by Channel 7 when domestic violence allegations were made against him. Since then all charges have been dropped, which begs the question on whether TV presenters should be given their day in court before being removed from their jobs.
Each week the TV Blackbox team take you behind the scenes, wade through the PR spin and launch into the reality that is the Australian television business.
In this episode:
- 2.30 – Budget cuts bite at channel 10 as ratings fall
- 9.25 – Sam and Kochie save Sunrise and thrash TODAY
- 13.35 – Has Australia fallen out of love with The Bachelor?
- 17.35 – All charges dropped against Channel 7 presenter Ryan Phelan
- 30.18 – Tony Jones storms off set after that video of him trying to kiss Bec Judd is played – again
- 33.01 – Our reaction to reports Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are filming a reality series (they have since denied the report)
- 37.19 – Hatches & Dispatches
- 39.46 – The Big Issue
- 47.46 – TV Blackvault