Seven confirms TV Blackbox MY KITCHEN RULES exclusive

The Head of Programming for the Seven Network says the planned second series of MY KITCHEN RULES for 2019 has been put on ice, confirming information posted on this website back on March 1.

In a wide ranging interview with Mediaweek, Seven’s Angus Ross spoke about shelving plans for a 10 year anniversary special and said My Kitchen Rules would lead the network in Q1 going up against Nine juggernaut Married at First Sight.

“My Kitchen Rules is incredibly important to us, it’s coming back in Q1 next year . We think we’ve got a few ideas to reinvigorate and reimagine the show.” - Angus Ross

Angus Ross - Seven’s Head of Programming

PHOTO: Seven

TV Blackbox had already revealed Seven ditched plans for the 10 year anniversary back in early March. This was despite the network declaring at its annual AllFronts event in October 2018 a second series would run in 2019.

At the time Chief Revenue Officer, Kurt Burnette, told The Australian Seven had not taken the decision to run MKR twice lightly, knowing they were risking overexposure;

“It’s a question we thought about,” he said. “It’s a natural question we knew we would get.

“We are very mindful of the idea it’s running twice in a year.”

In our exclusive story we also revealed MKR was currently undergoing a major overhaul — another element of our story Ross has confirmed. Our understanding is Colin Fassnidge will have a much bigger role in the reworked format.

TV Blackbox can now also reveal shooting will take place from July until September with former Channel 9 executive Andrew Backwell overseeing the production.

**Channel 7 has been approached for comment