Meeting Dolly Parton, Axings & The Future of Television - TV BlackBox S01E01
Welcome to episode 1 of TV BlackBox. Strap in - there's a lot we need to talk about.
Each week a washed-up TV Producer (Rob McKnight), a TV writer and executive (Dan Bennett), an EMMY award winner (Jay Cagatay) & TV enthusiast and commentator (Steve Molk) take you behind the scenes, wade through the pr spin and launch into the reality that is the Australian television business.
On this episode:
- ABC "choose not to renew" Tonightly with Tom Ballard, and we speak exclusively with Executive Producer Dan Ilic
- 7 jobs to be cut from WIN TV's Tasmanian bureau as centralisation wreaks havoc on regional TV
- Rebecca Maddern won't return to the AFL Footy Show
- Matthew Newton steps aside from new Jessica Chastain film as the #MeToo movement claim another scalp
- Sunday Night pull a story at the last minute based on a court injunction
- The Today Show suffering the worst ratings in four years
- Foxtel announce the iQ4 and 4K content
- CBS announce their streaming service will launch in Oz by Christmas 2018
- Seven's second half-year annus horribilis
- Bevan Lee takes a swipe at the ABC's drama slate
- Ten's #PilotWeek, and the controversy over the sausage-fest
- Seven West Media CEO Tim Worner calls for an end to overnight ratings
- The lengths you go to when you want to interview Dolly Parton
TV BlackBox is your weekly source of inside information across all facets of the Australian TV industry.
Find us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/TVBlackbox/